If you are a student keen to promote EU careers on your university campus then why not apply to become an EU Career Student Ambassador?
As part of the experience, you will be able to:
- Find out more about EU Career opportunities and promote them to your fellow students
- Build a fantastic student network across Europe
- Gain work experience during your studies that will give your CV extra weight
- Develop your skills in public speaking, marketing and HR
- Receive a full induction training and coaching throughout the role
- Access to high-ranking EU officials
- A reference letter based on your performance
We are looking for motivated, outgoing people with enthusiasm to promote EU Careers in your university.
As a highly regarded employer of top graduates, EU Careers is looking for brand ambassadors at some of Europe’s finest universities.
The EU Careers Ambassadors scheme involves finding innovative ways of promoting the great opportunities the EU institutions have to offer, including through:
- attending careers fairs, or giving presentations to your fellow students
- developing university networks and providing information
- maintaining an active online and social media presence
- answering questions about EU Careers
About EU Careers
- Act as a point of contact for students interested in EU Careers
- Research target groups and contact university media
- Set up mailing lists and distribute information on EU Careers through the appropriate channels
- Give presentations, attend university careers events and find interesting speakers
- Complete monthly tasks and regularly report back on your activities
- Manage and regularly monitor a dedicated Facebook page / online presence
- Who we are looking for?
- We are looking for motivated Ambassadors who want to promote the benefits of an EU Career and have the following competences:
- Excellent communication skills
- Networking skills
- Willingness to share and learn
- Ability to adapt
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to deliver quality and results
- Innovative and creative approach
- Minimum Requirements
- Commit at least two hours per week to your Ambassador role
- Arrange or participate in a minimum of one EU Careers event or presentation
- Communicate on a regular basis with your EU Careers coordinator
- Participate in all training offered (online)
- Keep a log of your activities and report back regularly
Outside of these minimum requirements it is really up to you to decide how much promotion you can fit in alongside your academic studies and how you promote EU Careers to your fellow students. We are looking for Ambassadors who are creative and can come up with innovative ways of promoting EU Careers!
- How to apply
- If you are:
- Available to take part in our compulsory training course in October 2018
- Enrolled and present at the university for the duration of the Ambassador’s post (September 2018 – September 2019)
- An EU citizen
- Fluent in English and in one of the languages of the country in which you are studying
You can submit your application online from 1 March to 23 March 2018 using this form.
If you successfully pass the first round, you will be asked to complete an online interview in April 2018. More information on this second phase will be sent to applicants via email.
Please note that the list of participating universities has been established in collaboration with national governments. Currently we are unable to support Ambassadors at other universities and generally we do not change this list.
If your university is not on this list, please check the updated university list next year.
If you would like to know more about this project, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: EPSO-CAREERS-AMBASSADOR@ec.europa.eu