This year, for the 9th time, the Dutch MA Thesis Prize “Visions on Peace” will be awarded to a Master student who wrote a thesis of exceptional quality in the field of peace and security issues.
The thesis prize is an initiative of the Dutch Foundation for Peace Studies (Stichting Vredeswetenschappen, SVW), a foundation that wants to stimulate scientific knowledge and expertise in the field of peace and conflict. As of 2013 SVW cooperates with UPEACE Centre The Hague, the European centre of the UN mandated University for Peace, based in Costa Rica.
Deadline for application is 30 September 2016, 5 PM Dutch time. The application procedure can be found at www.visionsonpeace.nl.
Eligible for the prize are Master students who:
- wrote a thesis related to peace and security issues;
- attended a Master’s study at a Dutch university or at another institution of higher education in The Netherlands;
- completed their thesis between 1 July 2015 and 1 September 2016. The thesis must be graded with a minimum of 8 and should be written in correct English or Dutch;
- send the application form and the other required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 September 2016, 5 PM Dutch time;
- did not participate before in the “Visions on Peace” thesis competition.
The prize of € 1.500 is sponsored by the ASN Bank and will be awarded on 9 December 2016 at The Hague University of Applied Sciences, together with the award of the new HBO Peace Prize (see www.hbopeaceinpracticeresearchaward.nl).