Summer 2016 Institutes in Washington, DC
Full Scholarships Available for Citizens of the Netherlands
Application Deadline – January 14, 2016
The Fund for American Studies has four full scholarships available for students from the Netherlands to attend one of the five summer institutes offered in Washington, DC.
Washington, DC Programs
Each of the five Institutes in Washington enable students to get a firsthand look at the American system of government by living, learning, and interning in DC for the summer.
The following Institutes will be held from June 4 – July 29, 2016 in Washington, DC:
- Engalitcheff Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems (ICPES): For students interested in economics, politics and government
- Institute on Economics and International Affairs (IEIA): For students interested in international affairs and economics
- Institute on Political Journalism (IPJ): For students interested in journalism or communications
- Institute on Business and Government Affairs (IBGA): For students interested in how business influences government and the political process
- Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service (IPVS): For students interested in non-governmental organizations or civil society
Students live in the heart of downtown DC, take courses accredited by George Mason University, and hold internships for approximately 30 hours per week. Experts in journalism, business, public policy, international affairs and the nonprofit sector engage students in weekly dialogues held on campus and at locations such as the World Bank and Capitol Hill.
Scholarship and Application Information
Four full scholarships are available through the generous support of the Netherland-America Foundation. Full scholarship funding covers tuition and housing, but does not cover meals, personal expenses and transportation to and from the United States.
All students must complete the online application available at www.DCinternships.org and follow the specific application instructions for international students. Detailed may be found here: http://www.dcinternships.org/wp-content/uploads/International-Students.pdf
The application deadline for Dutch students is January 14, 2016.
Questions regarding the programs or the application process may be directed to Mallie Woodfin, Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-986-0384.