This year, for the 8th time, the Dutch MA Thesis Prize “Visions on Peace” will be awarded to a Master student who wrote a thesis of exceptional quality in the field of peace and security issues.
The thesis prize is an initiative of the Foundation Peace Sciences (Stichting Vredeswetenschappen, SVW), a foundation that wants to stimulate scientific knowledge and expertise in the field of peace and conflict (www.stichtingvredeswetenschappen.nl). As of 2013 SVW cooperates with UPEACE Centre The Hague, the European centre of the UN mandated University for Peace, based in Costa Rica (www.upeace.nl and www.upeace.org).
Deadline for application is 11 September 2015. The application procedure can be found at www.visionsonpeace.nl.
Eligible for the prize are Master students who:
– wrote a thesis related to peace and security issues;
– attended a Master’s study at a Dutch university or at another institution of higher education in The Netherlands;
– completed their thesis between 1 July 2014 and 1 September 2015. The thesis must be rated with a minimum of 8 and should be written in correct English or Dutch;
– send the application form and the other required documents to email@example.com before 11 September 2015;
– did not participate before in the “Visions on Peace” thesis competition.
The prize of € 1.500 is sponsored by the ASN Bank and will be awarded at the annual symposium of Stichting Vredeswetenschappen (in November-December 2014, final date and location to be announced). More details on the symposium will be announced after the summer and can then be found at www.stichtingvredeswetenschappen.nl and www.visionsonpeace.nl.